Lucille and I lost our little one about 17 weeks into our fourth pregnancy. It has been a fairly rough ride since it happened late last month though we are starting to gain some level ground . . . at least to some degree.
Our little Dominic was definitely an Everett through and through!
- He was about four to five inches crown to rump.
- He had that unmistakable button nose that all of our children share.
- His arms and legs had fully formed hands and feet.
- His eyes were still sealed and his ear flaps were as well.
- He had a bump . . . though this is not conclusive as far as his gender was concerned Lucille and I had a heart felt need to accept him as a male.
- He was grey, very grey, when he came out.
- He had apparently died sometime between one and two weeks prior to Lucille’s labour for his birth.
- The cord was very thin (this turned out to be the cause).
Very early that morning we were very fortunate to have a great pair of EMTs, an ER doctor and nurses, and later that day our own OB-GYN in the hospital.
There is no doubt that we have lost our child. The pain that we have and are experiencing now does not lie.
Our Lady of Sorrows Pray for us.